Saturday 19 November 2016

Well hello and welcome to my 4 lovely followers (lol), and to anyone else who may have accidentally stumbled across my fledgling blog today.

I thought I ought to tell you a little about how this humble blog of mine came about.
During the summer, for various reasons, my crafting mojo took a little holiday. When it returned it was fully charged and ready to go and led me into somewhat of a card making frenzy!
So I crafted away making several cards, with no thought of who they were being made for, they just wanted to be made. I was really quite happy with what I was producing and took some photos and posted them on good old Facebook, where they were seen by a lovely local business woman, who asked if she could buy them to sell in her shop!
To say I was over the moon was an understatement to say the least.
Anyway, I'd had some really lovely comments and advice on some card making groups and one kind soul suggested I start a blog to showcase my cards. So here I am, trying to find my feet in blog land (and work out how to use my sons laptop he so kindly lent me).

Today I'd like to share with you a couple of the cards that have now found there way to  http://www.facebook.com/beautifulbydesignscarborough




This one was made using kraft card and papers from my stash. I used a large stamp for the background and a Justrite stamp with clear embossing powder on the spellbinders label 20.
I used one of the spellbinders floral oval dies on gold foil card and a Joy crafts label and tag.
The flowers were Cheery Lynn rose strip dies with some added stamens from The Works and the leaves are also Cheery Lynn.
The sentiment is from Crafters Companion sentimentals range.
I also used my trusty distress inks and ribbon from my stash.




Apologies for the photo quality on this one. it really doesn't show the colours at their best, but here's what I used.
The card was from my stash and the paper was from First Edition paper pack, Falling Leaves.
Joy Crafts fancy oval die, Spellbinders floral oval die and labels 20. The labels 20 is once again stamped using a Justrite stamp from the Kindness set and the sentiment is from the Fleur de lis labels 20 set.
The flowers are the Cheery Lynn rose strip dies and the flourishes are Marianne vintage swirls.
Ribbon and gems are from my stash.


So there we have it. These lovelies are now amongst the ones that are available to buy from Beautiful by Design. I hope I have successfully managed to add a link the Facebook page!

Did I mention that the postman called today with some lovely new dies that I just can't wait to play with? (shhh, don't tell the Hubster).


Thanks for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment