Tuesday 11 April 2017

Thank you for your kindness

Hello again visitors. 
I seem to be on a bit of an unplanned theme of Thanks at the moment. 

Today's card was all based on the butterfly embellishment. On a previous make I accidentally got glue on a ribbon and needed a solution to hide it. Luckily, I managed to remove the glue but I had already stamped and cut the butterfly, so I put it aside for later use. 
Whilst seeking inspiration for this card I came across the butterfly and had a fiddle with some decorative chalks and I was really pleased with the end result so I just had to use it.
So here is today's card.











The supplies used here are 
* Pretty Pastels creations design pad 
* M&C Boutique border die, cut twice and staggered 
* M&C Boutique heart frame, cut 3 times and layered
* Sue Wilson / Creative Expressions Orange blossom flowers 
* Cheery Lynn tea rose leaves only
* Ultimate Crafts L'aquarelle Designs butterfly stamp
* Dali Art circle and square sentiment stamps 
* Archival brilliance aurora ink pad
* Clear embossing powder
* Dovecraft decorative chalks Bright (flowers and leaves)
* Joy Crafts decorative chalks Pearl (butterfly)
* Cosmic shimmer mica powder enchanted gold (heart frame)
* Ribbon and pearls from my stash 

The butterfly was stamped with the aurora ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I fussy cut it and then used the chalks on top.

The sentiment is looking a little fuzzy on the photo's but it really isn't in real life (I promise ☺).

I also wanted to use the M&C boutique dies from The Works just to show that you can get a good result from a cheaper brand of dies.

Well that's todays card. I'm not sure what my next one will be as I'm awaiting delivery of some Lemon craft papers....can't wait! I've also been having a first go at making Foamiran flowers which might just make an appearance on Friday's card.

I apologise for the long post but I have tried to add a bit more detail to how the card was made.

Thank you for your visit today and please stop by again soon x










2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card Jo. I have not been in the Works for ages and did not know that they stocked dies so now I have to have a look. I keep promising myself that I am not buying any more crafting stuff but somehow I cannot stick to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...oh I know only too well how difficult it is to put the brakes on my craft spending. I keep telling my Hubster that
      crafting keeps me sane and out
      of mischief!
      Thank you Marie-Louise ☺ xx

      Delete