Wednesday 15 November 2017

Winter Joy


Well hello there friends, visitors and newcomers.

I thought I would surprise you all with a quick, mid-week post. 
Hopefully, this will become a regular blogging day but I have some very exciting news to share with you all in the upcoming days, so I may have to shuffle around my regular posting days a little.

So without further ado, here is my first Christmas card of 2017 











The supplies used here are
* Metallic and glitter cardstock from my stash
*Stampin Up Star of Light stamp set
* M&C Boutique Snowflake die set
* Crafters Companion Winter Joy stamp set
* Stampendous embossing powders in Aqua, Periwinkle and Crystal
* Ranger Archival ink in Paradise Teal
* Brad from my stash

This whole card was inspired by the piece of blue/green metallic cardstock found in my scrap box.

I layered the snowflake 3 times and slightly teased the points of the uppermost layer forward slightly.

The embossing powders I mixed together. Firstly the aqua and crystal and embossed 2 of the stampin up images. I then added some periwinkle to the mix and embossed a further 2 images, just to add a little contrast. 

I didn't actually need or want to use the brad as you normally would so I simply snipped off the prongs and attached to the centre of the snowflake.

All in all, a super quick card to create. I just love the simplicity of it, having curbed my desire to add further embellishments!

Once again I've been doing some jigging with my photos. I hope they're looking better in quality for you. 

I do hope you like my first Christmas card of the year.
I have to say I'm now itching to get my Christmas tree out and bedecked with lovely festiveness, but I'll hold off a while longer.

Thank you all so much for your visit today. Pop by again soon for my next card. 






4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, it looks simple, but really stunning, just up my street...thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of clean simply, this card is a winner.

    ReplyDelete