Tuesday 12 December 2017

Amazing Paper Grace - Breanna's Corset Christmas

Well hello again friends and visitors.

On Sunday we had an early visit from Santa on his slay (no reindeer unfortunately, just pulled along by a large 4x4) and his charity helpers. I love it when that happens. I just wish I had a little one (or two!) running around to join in the excitement. It was just me and the dog that got excited about it this year, but it was lovely seeing all the neighbourhood kids running about and squealing with excitement. Roll on Grandmotherhood! 

I hope you are all much more prepared for the festivities than I am.
I have lists made etc, but so far I haven't actually done/bought anything! But that's ok as I've still got 12ish days left to do it all.....right? lol.
At the very least everyone will have a handmade Christmas card in their stocking!

Which brings me nicely onto todays card for Amazing Paper Grace.








The supplies used here are


* Spellbinders Standard Circles Large
* Creative Expressions foundation card - Rich Red
* Docrafts Papermania Capsule collection - Oyster Blush
* First Edition Jingle All the Way paper pack
* Ribbon and pearls from my stash
* Gold metallic marker

I used the Annabelle's Trousseau to make a square frame in red and layered on top of a frame from the Oyster Blush cardstock. I used the middle section of the same die, in the Oyster Blush, to create a little ribbon loop.

I then made a frame using the 2 largest dies from the Breanna's Corset set and laid over the spotted paper. 

The little December 25 in the middle was simply cut from a sheet in the paper pack (which I really love!) and layered over another of the small die cuts from Breanna's Corset.

Once again I edged the layers with a gold metallic marker.

I hope you like todays card. For more inspiration you really should pop over to Becca's blog which you can find Here.

Well, I had better get a wriggle on. I have to squeeze in a couple of family cards between my blog posts etc, as well as my Christmas shopping and organising my darling Daughters move!

Thank you so much for your visit today. I hope you can find the time to visit again at the weekend.

Enjoy your week and take care


Jo xx 










10 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, lovely card, the colour of red looks a little unusual on my tablet, is this a deep red? I am not ready with cards this year, only made 3 as I am struggling with a lot of pain at the moment so can't sit to craft. Anyway love to receive your emails as your cards are such an inspiration, Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette. I really struggle getting my photo's just right as they really vary depending on what device you use to view. They look totally different on my phone compared to my laptop! I'm pretty certain that this blogging site isn't helping at all as my photos can appear blurred when viewed on the mobile version of blogger(as apposed to the desktop version). I may have to look into changing platforms next year. But yes, it's a lovely rich, deep red. I'm way behind on my cards too xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that colour is beautiful, love that big bow too..Such a pretty card, is it for me ????....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy this gorgeous card jumped off the page when I first saw it! Love the corset die. But I have a question for you. How in each layer did you get the tiny white edge on the red paper on each layer? Can’t figure that one out as it makes the card stand out so much. Thanks for showing us this beautiful card creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dottie. The edging on the red layers is done using a metallic gold marker pen xx

      Delete
  4. Jo, are you saying, "roll on Grandmotherhood," to get your daughter moving? "Hint? Hint?" LOL ;) All good things come with time. THAT is what I tell myself! ;) I'm waiting too. Your card is SO LOVELY! I LOVE ALL of the layers on your card & the color red you chose too!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...thank you TLady. Yes, that's exactly what I'm hinting at but alas, I think I may have a long long wait. Anyone want to adopt a granny? 😂 xx

      Delete
  5. I so love this card and all the sweet details!! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becca. I love this one, it's one of my favourites 😊 xx

      Delete