Saturday 16 December 2017

Season's Greetings


Welcome back friends and visitors.

I do hope you have all had a good week. Alas, I am no nearer prepared for the big day than I was on my last post! But on the upside, I have been busy organising for my daughters imminent return......tomorrow!

I am beyond excited. She will be staying here with us for a few days. It will give us a chance to place her furniture and hang curtains etc and generally get her sorted before she starts her new job on Wednesday.

I have tried to stock up on the all the basic essentials for her, but there will be a few little bits we will need to shop for. If I'm lucky I may also get to shop for some festive gifts at the same time.

I have also just booked myself onto a couple of adult taster courses in the new year, I'm giddy with excitement! One is felt flower making. It doesn't specify whether it's needle felting or wet felting, but that's fine, as I'd love to do both. I have all the kit needed for needle felting but haven't really gotten around to trying it on my own. The other taster session is in photography. I am hoping to well and truly pick the tutors brain on that day lol.

So, I am having my yearly night out tonight. (I'm not prepared for that either lol). I am such a home bird it's beyond belief. I could happily potter around the house all day in my PJ's, given half a chance. It's cold and raining and I'm so not looking forward to it, but, it's the Hubster's old work colleagues Christmas 'Do' so I shall  just have to make an effort. 

So, after all my waffling, it is time for today's card.







The supplies used here are

* White and matt metallic cardstock
* Pearl and glitter cardstock for the flowers
* Amazing Paper Grace/Spellbinders designer series Wedding collection - Regal Allure
* Spellbinders shapeabilities  - Wreath
* Justrite Grand Christmas Sentiments
* Encore Ultimate metallic ink - Gold
* Crelando embossing powder - Gold
* Cheery Lynn - Wreath strip
* Cheery Lynn - Poinsettia Strip
* Gold metallic marker pen
* Dovecraft Christmas Basics self adhesive pearls

There isn't anything tricky at all on this card. The only thing I should mention is that I used the smaller of the two Spellbinder wreaths, cut twice and layered. Once again I outlined my layers with the gold metallic marker pen. It's a really effective way to get a mutli-layered look without the weight and extra card. It also looks much better in real life. (Mental note to ask tutor on this!)

So, there we have it. I hope you like todays card. I adore white and gold together. I think it looks really smart, without too much fuss.

I suppose I had better start making preparations for this evening. It takes a lot more effort these days to turn this old bird into something vaguely  presentable!

Thank you for taking time out to pay a visit here today. Your support is always much appreciated. Please pop back again Tuesday, if you can, for my next Amazing Paper Grace card.

Have a wonderful weekend friends and take care

Jo xx










  


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jo,
    This is really lovely!
    Have a great visit with your daughter.
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one on line several times and truely admire your style.

    ReplyDelete